Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I was in Bishkek again last month and the temperatures varied between -18f and 25f. Just before sunrise I took this picture from the stairway window that had the glass broken out, on the top floor of my friends apartment building. While snapping away a few shots and adjusting some settings, my hands turned purple from the cold. Wind was howling through the opening which muffled the sounds of a large man who came up from behind me. In Russian he asked me what was I doing (which I could only infer since my Russian stinks). Startled and intimidated, I could only show him the preview of the last picture I took (this one here) -- to which he replied in broken English "no camera here -- go!" Guess he didn't like the picture.
Bishkek pre-dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment